douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Monday, October 02, 2006

Networking is a good thing

On October 1, 2006 I met an individual at the final Angels Baseball game of the season that has a friend in the publishing business. Tonight I received an e-mail from him indicating that he forwarded my information to her in New York. Cool. It may or may not pan out into something, but as another writer friend has told me, it's all about networking.

Then, tonight, I had the opportunity to meet with two writers in San Diego. I purchased their books, and can't wait to start reading them.

The first book I bought at the booksigning is "Playing with the Enemy" by Gary W. Moore, also soon to be a Major Motion Picture. The second book is "Torpedo" by Jeff Edwards, STGC(SW), USN (Ret.). For those of you that like to read, especially where the military is involved, these books are for you.