douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Another rejection, and a few more chapters

My rejection count for the year is now up to 71.

Stephen King stated that if you get to 6,000 perhaps it is time to chase a new endeavor. I disagree. I will never give up. I've been dreaming of publication since I was 6 years old writing stories about Snoopy and the Red Baron. I've been dreaming of publication since I wrote a magazine for my sister and friends called "Fun & Games" when I was in Middle School. I've been dreaming of publication since the completion of my first book manuscript in High School. I've been dreaming of publication since my poem was printed in an anthology in 1993. I've been dreaming of publication since my strong push into the shortstory market in 1997, 1998, and 1999. I've been dreaming of publication since my first real push for publication of a book in 2005. Why would I allow a bunch of rejections to convince me of anything other than that I need to keep on trying?

Political Pistachio, the book, is up to 11 chapters now (first draft).

More queries are about to be sent out regarding "The Way of Deception" since the news has swayed to mimic my story - - especially in regards to an Israeli invasion of Lebanon.