douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Thursday, July 06, 2006

News since my trip to the Oregon Coast

While in Oregon on July 2, 2006 I attended a book-signing of Dan Bessie and his wife, Jeanne Johnson. They were very kind, and extremely knowledgeable of the business. I bought both his and her books, and of course they signed our copies. My wife read, and enjoyed Jeanne's book in two days. The books are:

REELING THROUGH HOLLYWOOD -How I Spent 40 Fabulous Years in Film and Never Made a Nickel by Dan Bessie

Starlings in the Park by Jeanne Johnson

Dan Bessie is also the author of Rare Birds: An American Family -- Published by Lexington : University Press of Kentucky, ©2001.

He has created a fledgling publishing company, and I feel confident that if none of the big boys pick up my books, his company may consider them. The URL for his publishing house is:
http://www.bluelupinpress.com


Dan Bessie, Jeanne Johnson, myself, and my wife in Gold Beach, Oregon Posted by Picasa


Upon returning to my home in Southern California I checked my mail and discovered that I had received 7 rejections.

That brings the total to 66 for the year.

J.A. Konrath will be in the area next month on his 500 bookstore Rusty Nail Tour. For those new to knowing me as a writer, Konrath is a writer that I look up to -- he's just a regular guy that hit it big, and man does he know how to market. His website is at http://www.jakonrath.com