douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Up to 72 rejections for the year

Yet another Literary Agent passed up the opportunity of accepting representaion of me and my work: The Way of Deception. Fine by me. Nonetheless, I am learning, and my query letter has changed again. My next wave will attempt to personalize the letter more, and use respresented works by each agency as a tool of comparison. Looks like I am only going to send out a dozen. Perhaps less. We'll see.

By the way, my blog, Political Pistachio has become stronger, receiving 22 hits yesterday and another dozen since last night.

The book, Political Pistachio, is coming along nicely. The first draft is nearly complete. I am hoping to have it completely ready to roll by the time I go to the La Jolla Writer's Conference in October.

J. A. Konrath, Author of Whiskey Sour, Bloody Mary, and his latest novel: Rusty Nail, will be in California August 13-20, 2006. His 2006 Rusty Nail tour is what he calls a drive-by signings tour - meaning he shows up, greets people, signs a few books, and then heads on his way. He plans to hit 500 bookstores nationwide on this tour.

To any poster from Absolute Write, thanks for showing up and checking out my site. I appreciate it. Pardon me when as a poster I stir the pot, but that's one of my trademarks. My books plan to stir the pot more than my posts. It's just a matter of time before America experiences my flavor of writing. A professional is an amateur who didn't quit.