douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Konrath, Bessie, Pistachio, and another rejection.

Today on J.A. Konrath's Blog I noticed that he wrote a post indicating that he will not make it out to California on his Rusty Nail tour, as expected.

I received an E-Mail from Dan Bessie and his wife, in response to one I sent to see how they were doing and that we enjoyed reading their books. His letter was encouraging, and urged me not to focus on my rejections, but to keep writing, and keep sending my queries.

One of my blogs, Political Pistachio, had 47 hits on Saturday and another twenty early this morning. It's a great marketing tool, and I enjoy writing in it. That'll be a lot of people (meaning the people that visit my blog) that will be willing to buy my book when it comes out.

And I received, yesterday, rejection number 73 for the year. Thanks, Dan, for the advice. It is words like that from people I respect that keep me going. . .well, that, and my own saying which is a play on something I read by Konrath: A professional is an amateur who didn't give up.