douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Now that my surgery complications have uncomplicated themselves

Political Pistachio (the book) has done a couple of unexpected things. First, chapter one is one of the most brilliant pieces of writing I've ever produced; and second, due to the brilliance of the first chapter, the rest of the book suffers. I am nearly finished with the second draft, and I am re-writing like crazy, trying to get the subsequent chapters to capture the magic of the first. Being home because of a recent surgery set me back at first, but now that I am moving about, I am actively writing - - unfortunately, my day job is now catching up to me, and this coming Monday it will be time to go back to work.

Still, even when I am exhausted from work, I keep writing.