douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Surgery, and the approach of 9/11

Tomorrow I go under the knife, which will interrupt my writing for a week - - or will it? My best writing is accomplished when I allow my mind to wander and relax, so while I recuperate from my surgery, I will be able to accomplish my best writing while flat on my back. I'll be keeping a pad and pen handy, of course.

As the five year anniversary of September 11, 2001's attack on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and United 93 approaches, I have joined a group that will pay tribute to the 2,996 victims of 9/11. My tribute for the victim assigned to me will be posted on my Political Pistachio website on that date.

As Political Pistachio (the book) progresses, so does my query letter. When the book is finally ready for eyes to see, the query should be sound enough that responses should not be so far and in between. This is the most unique work I have ever written, and I have a lot of faith in it. The tag line is: "Treason is only a matter of perspective."