douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Becoming known on the web, meeting more writers, nurturing the relationships with the writers I know. . .

On October 30th on My Point Radio my political blogsite, Political Pistachio, was mentioned by one of the hosts of the show. Jenn, when referring to an article I wrote, said, "Have you ever been to Political Pistachio's blog?"

David, the other host, said, "Yes, I know which blog you're talking about."

Jenn then said, "He wrote a piece today which is very relevant to what we are talking about. . .go to www.politicalpistachio.blogspot.com This guy, Douglas Gibbs, he wrote a piece today about persons, Naziism, and what's going on in this country, and it is really well done. I highly suggest everyone take a look at it. A lot of time you see a lot of tripe out there in a lot of the blogs, but this was really a well done piece, and really, everyone should read it and comment, from what you think. I mean, it was really well done. Thank you, I had to get that in."

Thanks, Jenn. I plan to call in to the show on November 8th.

The hits on that site doubled everyday last week as a result of that comment on My Point Radio.

One of the new visitors to my site carried a web site for Joel Rosenberg, four time New York Times bestseller. He e-mailed me as well. I don't know for sure if this person really is Joel, or an avid fan that uses Mister Rosenberg's sites as links to his own blogger identity. Regardless, the e-mail complimented my writing greatly.

Since my last post I have been in contact with a number of writers, but the latest was Gary W. Moore, author of Playing with the Enemy. He noticed on my Defender of the Blahs blogsite that I had completed reading his book, and thanked me for the kind comments on the site. I plan to also post reviews on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble regarding his book.