douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Monday, November 13, 2006

My Point Radio

Tonight I was asked to be a special guest on the internet radio show, My Point Radio. The show is hosted by Dave and Jenn from the blogger world, and they took special interest in my book, The Way of Deception. The show lasted an hour, and seemed to fly faster. I enjoyed it, and would love to do it again some time.

Jim Stewart, author of The Ghosts of Vietnam, called in and gave me a number of tips about self-publishing. He, and the hosts, said often that they felt that I am a talented author. Honestly, and perhaps I am just being too modest, I am flattered by their remarks.

Interestingly, Dave compared me to another writer, David Baldacci. I know only a little bit about Baldacci's work, but I am familiar with him, so I pulled up his site and read an excerpt from his latest book. I was amazed at how much his style is similar to mine. My wife made the comment that it seemed like she was reading my work.

How cool is that.

I am grateful for the opportunity to be on the show. Thank you, Dave and Jenn.