douglasvgibbs.com News

News regarding the writer, Douglas V. Gibbs

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Crash of Reality

I am nearly recovered from the surgery I had on December 29, 2006. I still hurt, but I am not in total pain anymore. In fact, this morning I pulled my socks on all by myself without help.

More painful than the surgery is the fact that Sunday my computer crashed. I am currently typing on my old computer. Luckily, it's not a complete junker.

I failed to follow my own advice and make sure everything was backed up, and I lost drafts 8 and 9 of The Way of Deception, which luckily I printed. It's just a matter of typing it back into the computer.

Political Pistachio (Non-Fiction Book) was not as lucky. Everything was lost, none of it was backed up, and none of it was printed. All of it is gone.

Perhaps that is a signal that I need to only concentrate on The Way of Deception.